I’m Rob E. Boley, author of The Scary Tales, a series of dark fantasy novels for teens and adults featuring mash-ups of your favorite fairy tale characters and classic horror monsters.
- My first short story collection, BETTER ALIVE THAN DEAD: 13 Tales of Monster Horror, is now available!
- THAT ROTTEN PUPPET — Book Seven of The Scary Tales is now available in ebook!
- My anthology collaboration with Megan Hart, INTERSECTIONS: SIX TALES OF OUIJA HORROR, is now available in ebook and paperback!
- THAT MALICIOUS STORM — Book Four of The Scary Tales is now available in paperback!
- THAT NAUGHTY PIPE — my coloring book with artist Amy Kollar Anderson — is now available in paperback!
- My story — ALL OF THE ABOVE — is featured on The Wicked Library podcast!
- SCARY TALES BOX SET — A special box set of Books 1-4 of The Scary Tales is now available in ebook format for Kindle, Nook, and GooglePlay for only $7.49!
I hope you have as much fun reading The Scary Tales series as I’m having writing it. But don’t take my word for it . . .
“A deliciously dark companion to the Grimm’s fairy tale, That Risen Snow banishes happily ever after from the start. Walt Disney by way of The Walking Dead.“
—Jerry Gordon, editor of Dark Faith and Streets of Shadows
“Clearly, Rob E. Boley is a writer to watch . . . and his Scary Tales Books should be required reading for lovers of fantasy and horror.“
—Lawrence C. Connolly, author of the Veins Cycle Books – Vein, Vipers, and Vortex
“His world is a fully realized landscape with a rich history, language, class system, and religion all its own, and while the story centers around Snow and the hellish army of zombies she creates in her wake, there is so much more to discover within the covers of these books.”
—Waylon Jordon, iHorror.com
“Boley has a knack for dark comedy and witty prose, and he blends it with a nearly-hardboiled voice uncharacteristic of dark fantasy fiction.”
—Brady Allen, author of Back Roads & Frontal Lobes
“This is a Snow White you ain’t gonna find in the middle school library… Get it, read it, and try to keep the screaming down.”
—Les Edgerton, author of Hooked, Just Like That, and The Bitch
“…it is no small achievement that Boley manages to make the story darkly amusing, breathtakingly horrific and insanely enjoyable with such a skilled economy of word.”
—Neil Baker, owner and editor of April Moon Books
“Rob E. Boley strikes the perfect balance of depth, drama, and dark humor to keep readers devouring the pages and leave them hungering for more.”
—Linda Gerber, author of the Death By Bikini Mysteries
New to The Scary Tales? Please consider watching the Official That Risen Snow Book Trailer below!